Due to the rising popularity of listening to music through streaming platforms rather than purchasing full-length albums, the sale of physical CDs has been decreasing steadily over the last several years, with an 18% decrease between this year and last in full-length album sales in the United States.
However, there are still popular artists selling hundreds of thousands of physical albums, and this year, two different K-Pop acts are included among the top ten best-selling albums in the U.S. at the midway point in 2020! Check out which artists made this impressive list below, created from data collected from Nielsen Music.
10. Harry Styles’ Fine Line (166,000 sales)
9. Justin Bieber’s Changes (187,000 sales)
8. NCT 127’s Neo Zone (196,000 sales)
7. Billie Ellish’s When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (198,000 sales)
6. Eminem’s Music to Be Murdered By (226,000 sales)
5. Kenny Chesney’s Here and Now (249,000 sales)
4. Lady Gaga’s Chromatica (264,000 sales)
3. Halsey’s Manic (266,000 sales)
2. The Weeknd’s After Hours (407,000 sales)
1. BTS’s Map of the Soul: 7 (552,000 sales)